Undergraduate Readmission

A student who is not enrolled for 12 months or more must apply for readmission through the Office of Recruitment and Admissions, and should do so at least two months before the date of desired enrollment. Students can apply for Fall or Winter term readmission. Readmission into Spring or Summer terms will only be considered with the express approval of the appropriate advisor (Engineering Advising Center for undeclared students or the home department advisor for declared students). Readmitted students are subject to the rules in effect at the time of readmission.

Readmitted international students requesting F-1 or J-1 Visa status must also submit required documentation. For additional information on required documentation or to request an Application for Readmission, please contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions, 153 Chrysler Center, 2121 Bonisteel Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2092 at enginrta@umich.edu.

Students who have graduated from the College and wish to elect courses for an additional term must apply as a Non-Candidate For Degree through the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.

A student whose enrollment has been withheld because of poor academic performance must first petition for Reinstatement to the Scholastic Standing Committee: https://www.engin.umich.edu/students/scholasticstanding/petitions.html.