A student who is not enrolled for 12 months or more must apply for readmission through the Office of Undergraduate Recruitment, and should do so at least two months before the date of desired enrollment. Students can apply for Fall or Winter term readmission. Readmission into Spring or Summer terms will only be considered with the express approval of the appropriate advisor (Engineering Advising Center for undeclared students or the home department advisor for declared students). Readmitted students are subject to the rules in effect at the time of readmission.

Students who left the College of Engineering in good academic standing and have not been enrolled for more than 5 years must create and have approved a re-entry plan prior to being readmitted. If the student was undeclared at the time of last enrollment, the re-entry plan should be developed in consultation with the Engineering Advising Center. If the student was declared at the time of last enrollment, the re-entry plan should be developed in consultation with a departmental advisor. All re-entry plans must be approved by the ADUE.

Readmitted international students requesting F-1 or J-1 Visa status must also submit required documentation. For additional information on required documentation or to request an Application for Readmission, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Recruitment, 153 Chrysler Center, 2121 Bonisteel Boulevard, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2092 at [email protected].

Students who have graduated from the College and wish to elect courses for an additional term must apply as a Non-Candidate For Degree through the Office of Undergraduate Recruitment.

A student whose enrollment has been withheld because of poor academic performance must first petition for Reinstatement to the Scholastic Standing Committee. Petitions are available on the ECAS Petitions website.

Note: Students that transfer to another 4-year institution to pursue a bachelors degree do not retain their right as a Michigan Engineering student to return. They will be considered as a transfer student when they reapply for readmission.