We advance scientific and mathematical methods to help solve local and global challenges. We analyze data to improve decision making and shape systems comprised of humans, machines, and processes. We educate and mentor students, emphasizing critical thinking, global citizenship, and the pursuit of the common good.
In addition, the IOE Program also has the following goals:
- To recruit, educate and support excellent, diverse students and prepare them to be leaders in the practice and further development of industrial and operations engineering.
- To have one of the leading undergraduate programs in the world in industrial and operations engineering.
- To engender the skills and desire to continually learn and grow through a lifelong professional career.
- Launch a successful career by effectively practicing industrial and operations engineering or be successful in advanced graduate study in engineering, scientific, business or related disciplines; practicing something other than IOE
- Assume leadership roles in their career or graduate program;
- Contribute to the social and economic environments of their communities; and
- Have the breadth of knowledge and motivation to continue to develop their career skills through ongoing learning.
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design and improve integrated systems of people, materials, information, facilities and technology
- an ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve industrial and operations engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use updated techniques, skills and tools of industrial and operations engineering throughout their professional careers
Enrollment and Graduation Data
In 2017-2018, 709 students enrolled in the program. In AY17-18, 291 degrees were awarded. For other terms, the University Registrar publishes the number of students enrolled annually in this program, and the number of degrees granted each term by this program.